South Tampa Real Estate Market
A home is more than just a building. It is your refuge after a weary day, a place to enjoy friends and family and a place to make memories. Of course a home is a financial responsibility, but I understand it is more than that. No one wants to settle for a house that they do not love just because it is within budget. That is why I work with my clients and encourage them to take the time they need to find homes that fit their heart as well as their wallet.
Why South Tampa?
South Tampa is a hot, hip market. It is the cultural center of the Tampa Bay area and has some of the highest home values because of proximity to Downtown, the blend of historic and classic homes, and the variety of upscale amenities. If you desire to live in South Tampa, I am uniquely qualified to help you find the perfect home.
Part of the Community
The personality of South Tampa is diverse and often hard to grasp by those new to the area. Some neighborhoods have always been popular, while others are changing as newer homes replace old. Because I have lived and worked here for over 30 years, I have witnessed all the changes myself. As a result, I fully understand the advantages of each community and how they compare in value and investment potential.
The Neighborhoods of South Tampa
Each neighborhood in South Tampa has a different feel. Here is an idea of what to expect:
- Hyde Park: Home of Bayshore Boulevard, Hyde Park is filled with protected, historic homes.
- Culbreth Isles: A prestigious, gated community where every home has water access.
- Sunset Park: Lush streets, views of Old Tampa Bay and desirable Plant High School make it great for families.
- Ballast Point: On the site of a Civil War battle, it offers lovely canopied oak trees and access to Hillsborough Bay. Ballast Point has one of the most extensive collection of recently built homes.
- Davis Island: A self-contained island with an eclectic mix of custom homes and historic Mediterranean structures. A suburbia feel, just a across the bridge to Downtown Tampa.
- Palma Ceia: A charming neighborhood with brick streets, award-winning Design District and the exclusive Palma Ceia Country Club.
- Beach Park: Many think this is the best area in South Tampa. It is still close to Downtown, Westshore and especially the airport and I-275 to the beaches. It has Upper Scale Homes, many of which have backyard water access to Tampa Bay.
Maximize the Value of Your Investment
In some areas, it is hard to know which homes were solidly remodeled versus which were given a makeover for a quick flip. That’s where I come in. I know the houses and the area builders who worked on them and can steer you to a home with solid construction.
The varying homes values, even on the same streets, make gathering comparable data difficult. As a result, prices are often manipulated to skew values toward the seller. I provide you with the most detailed sales data so you can make an informed offer and get the best value without over paying.
Ask the Right Questions
In order to find your dream house in South Tampa, there are a few things you may want to consider.
- Do you have children or is the school district important to you?
- Will you be happy in a condo or townhouse, or do you need a yard for pets and activities?
- Do you need access to waterways?
- What level of flood risks are you comfortable with?
By asking these questions and more, I can find that perfect house that makes you smile.
I take the time to listen and understand what you really want and need in a home. I never push to purchase a property that is not a good fit. I will constantly question you during the entire process;
“Is this what you really want?”
As a result, I often receive notes from happy buyers thanking me for having their best interests at heart. I have shared a few of these messages below. When you are ready to look for your dream home, please call us.